Furnace Maintenance Tips For Spring
Tip: Don’t shut down your furnace until you’re 100 percent sure that warm temperatures are here to stay!
Spring is finally here in Hamilton and it’s about time to turn off that furnace, here’s some tips on the best way to do that. First make sure to set your thermostat to cool so it now controls your AC, rather than furnace and if your furnace is gas make sure you turn off the gas intake is off on the unit.
Although turning off your furnace is the most important task of course, you should also make sure you take steps to protect it throughout the summer season.
- Make sure the area around your furnace is always clean and clear a good idea is to plan for three feet of space in all directions and don’t store items in a position where they could easily fall and cause damage.
- It’s easy to forget about changing your HVAC filter this during the summer months but it’s still used to filter the air before it travels through your home’s ductwork.
- Don’t put off problems. It’s easy to put things off to the colder weather but that may cause you more trouble over time. Especially since you already have to pay money to keep your AC running efficiently.
- If your furnace isn’t operating efficiently, have it checked.
- If you smell gas, have it checked.
- If it’s making strange sounds, have it checked.
There’s never a good time to ignore a problem with your furnace. You know a repair is coming at some point, so you might as well get it out of the way for peace of mind. At Archie Horn & Son Ltd., we’re happy to help your keep your furnace working year-round and will come to perform an inspection if you’re having any concerns.